Champions Group has been actively involved with Goa government for the beautification of Mayem Lake and to promote it as a prime tourist location for Goa. Mayem Lake has been developed into a full-fledged tourist spot with modern boating facilities, restaurant and camera surveillance to ensure safety of the tourists. Life jacket is mandatory for all boating activities. Adequate well trained life guards are also deployed to meet any eventuality.36 boating options are made available on Mayem Lake. Most of the boats are using modern boats like electric pedal boats, jet boat, electric go float, water tricycles, BBQ round dinning boats, paint ball, etc. with all the safety measure in place. The idea is to develop Mayem Lake as a natural water park. And as Subhakar Rao says “Must-visit” Destination for all Goa visitors.”
Some of the current activities available at Mayem Lake:
- · Bumper boat rides with water guns and fun rides.
- · Floating restaurant in the middle of the lake.
- · Kashmiri Shikara boat rides with electric motors.
- · Single/ Double Kayak rides, pedal boat rides.
- · Sailing/wind surfing, paint ball, zorbing
- · Water cycle rides for singles and couples.
- · Children’s water park with tents and inflatable rides.
- · Water rides in the lake on electric boats towed with inflatables.
- · Team Kayak Polo, Bumper boat with water guns, and BBQ floating boats
Besides the above attractions, there is also excellent opportunity for bird lovers to spot some exotic birds. Champions Yacht Club runs early morning boats for bird lovers.